Data Types from File
The Data Types from File action is available from the Options menu.
When a file contains numbers (as text), you can import them to binary format as:
The result can be seen in the main screen, but can also be viewed in the Data Types Editor, which is useful when you are importing numbers with 16 bits or more.
- 8 bits unsigned integers
- 8 bits signed integers
- 16 bits unsigned integers
- 16 bits signed integers
- 32 bits unsigned integers
- 32 bits signed integers
- 32 bits floating points
- 64 bits floating points
- Create a text file with following content:
20000 -500 31000
- Choose from the menu: Extra, Data Types from Clipboard, 16 bits signed, and browse to the text file.
The following values will be pasted to the file: 32 78 12 254 24 121
- Move the cursor to first of these bytes (value 32) and press F6.
The Data Types window shows 20000 -500 31000 at on the row with the label: Signed 16 bits.
Decimal numbers and data types
The Data Types Editor